How to book the Hall
1. Review Hall suitability for your event
2. Complete Hire Agreement Request document and email to email@example.com
3. Once approved, make payments as detailed below prior to event
4. Hall Key access instructions will be given on receipt of the full hire charges.
5. Enjoy your event and tidy up, leaving hall as you found it. Thank you.
Hire Charges and Booking
- The standard hire charge is £10 per hour.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure a booking, with the balance due before the event. (Or you can pay the full hire charge when booking.)
- Sometimes we also ask for a separate, refundable damages deposit.
- Payment can be made by either cash or cheque.
- Cheques should be made payable to: Orcop Parish Hall
- For certain events we ask for a list of stewards/supervisors.
The hirer must agree to abide by all government COVID-19 regulations in place at the time of the event.
Unfortunately, the council will not collect from the Parish Hall. Please take all rubbish away with you and dispose of responsibly.
There is a floor plan, on the wall in the front lobby, with the locations of emergency exits and fire equipment. You are asked to familiarise yourself, and any supervisors or stewards, with the layout of the building and its equipment.
- Any spillages (inside or out) should be cleared up immediately to avoid accidents.
- Due care should be taken when using any potentially hazardous equipment, such as step ladders.
- Lone working should be avoided at the hall if possible – particularly at height.
- Fire exit doors must be kept clear, inside and out, at all times.
- A First Aid box is kept in the kitchen.
In the event of Fire
- Sound the alarm
- Evacuate the building
- Gather in the car park
- Call the Fire Brigade when it is safe to do so.
- And, only if it is safe to do so, – tackle the fire. If using fire extinguishers, they should be used in compliance with the manufacturer’s instructions on the appliance.